These opening directions will work if you have the correct combination and the safe dial has not gone out of alignment. If they do not, we offer Phoenix service throughout the valley and would be happy to assist with any necessary safe repair.
- 3-Digit Safe Dialing Instructions
- Video Demo: Dialing a 3-Digit Safe Combination
- 4-Digit Safe Dialing Instructions
- Video Demo: Dialing a 4-Digit Safe Combination
- Video: How to Change Your Safe Combination
- Video: How Safe Combination Locks Work
- Tired of Dialing In That Safe Combination – Replace a Safe Dial with an Electronic Lock
How to Open Your Safe – 3 Digit Combination Instructions
These instructions pertain to how to open professional safes and safe dials such as AMSEC, S&G and LaGard.
Safes purchased at home clubs or discount stores can be different as they are not professional grade safes.
Download pdf How to Open a 3-Digit Safe Combination
1) Spin the dial left (CCW) at least four times and stop on the first number of the combination. The first number should be directly under the opening mark. First number: ________.
2) Spin the dial right (CW) and stop on the second number the 3rd time the number comes under the opening mark. Second number: ________.
3) Spin the dial left (CCW) and stop on the third number the 2nd time the number comes under the opening mark. Third number: ________.
5) Open the safe.
How to Open Your Safe – 4 Digit Combination Instructions
These instructions pertain to dial safes that have a 4 digit combination.
Download pdf How to Open a 4-Digit Safe Combination.
1) Start by turning the dial to the right a minimum of 4 turns and stop on the first number. First number: ________.
2) Turn the dial to the left passing the second number twice, stopping on the third time. Second number: ________.
3) Turn the dial to the right passing the third number once, stopping on the number the next time. Third number: ________.
4) Turn the dial to the left to the fourth number and stop. Fourth number: ________.
5) Open the safe.
Tired of Dialing Your Safe Combination?
All that left-right-left confusion. We open thousands of safes a year and sometimes we still get confused! Why not upgrade to an electronic lock? ACME can swap out your dial with an electronic safe lock at your location or ours (if you want to save the cost of the service call). A good quality electronic lock can be had for around $160 plus labor.
Not convinced you want to change? Check out our blog post Dial vs Electronic Safe Locks – Myths Busted.
Our this article we wrote which covers the various features you can gain with various types of electronic safe locks.
Worried about an electronic safe lock failing and not being able to get in? No worries. There are new locks on the market that offer both dial and electronic capabilities on the same safe. For ease of use, use the electronic. Should it fail. Use the dial to get in. Amazon is not listing these new locks, but we’ve got them.
ACME Locksmith sells digital safe locks online as well so don’t forget to look at what we offer.
If you need help with your safe just call your local locksmith, and if you’re in the Phoenix area, schedule safe service online with us for up to $20 off.