How to Reset the Kwkset 99380 and 99390 Electronic DeadboltsDon’t know how the Kwikset Halo Lock Works? Check out our YouTube video, “Kwikset Halo Product Review and Demo.”
Want to know how this lock stacks up against other smart locks? Check out our article, “The Best Smart Locks of 2020.”
Having a smart lock on your home can offer a lot of benefits for ease (or denial) of access, but sometimes situations arise where you need to reset the lock. Maybe you bought a home with an existing Kwikset Halo Smart Lock and you want to remove all the registered uses of that lock, or you’ve lost your phone, or changed your internet provider. Maybe the lock mysteriously stopped functioning, or upon initial programming attempts something went wrong.
Whatever the reason, smart locks generally feature reset functions. I’m going to go through the three different reset options for the Kwikset Halo Smart Lock. These resets apply to the touch pad, keypad and fingerprint versions of the Halo smart lock.
Kwikset Halo 99380 and 99390 Reset Options
|Halo Reset Types and When to Use Them|
|Reset Type||What it Does||When to Use it|
|Factory Reset – Jump to Section||Erases everything as if the lock just came out of the factory||
You’ve moved into a home that has a lock installed. Note: It is a good idea to rekey the lock’s key override as well.
You are having troubles setting up a lock you just purchased and are installing
|Network Reset – Jump to Section||Removes all WiFi and Bluetooth settings||You’ve just changed your modem or internet provider|
|System Reset – Jump to Section||Removes all enrolled users.||You suspect that someone has your pass codes. Note: It may be good idea to rekey the lock’s key cylinder as well.|
The Different Types of Kwikset Halo Resets:
Kwikset’s Network reset deletes all Wi-Fi settings, Bluetooth pairings, user associations, and removes the lock from the associated account. This reset option keeps all existing access codes and lock settings. A network reset is most useful when:
- Your family has had an internet service or phone service change of providers.
- You’ve taken the smart lock to a new home and want to continue using the existing codes.
Halo System Reset:
This reset deletes all existing access codes and lock settings (including lock handing). This would be appropriate if your user codes have been compromised.
This combines the above two resets and brings the lock back to its initial factory settings. This is what you want to do if you’ve just moved into a home that has an existing lock.
How To Factory Reset a Kwikset Halo Lock
Don’t know how the Kwikset Halo Lock Works? Check out our YouTube video, “Kwikset Halo Product Review and Demo.”
- Open the door and extend the bolt.
- Remove the interior side cover by sliding it up. There may be side screws holding it in place, if so remove.
- Remove the battery pack by pulling it up and out of the lock (see photo).
- Press and hold the Kwikset Halo’s “Program” button while reinserting the battery pack. Keep holding the button for 30 seconds until the lock beeps and the status light turns red. [photo]
- Press and release the Program button one more time.
The LED will flash green and red, and the mechanical process to determine handing will automatically begin. The LED will flash green if auto-handing is successful or red if it is not.
Prefer Video? How to Factory Reset the Kwikset Halo Lock
Product Review Kwikset Halo and How to Reset the Lock
How to Perform a Kwikset Halo Network Reset:
- Remove the interior side cover by sliding it up. It may be held in with two side screws, if so, remove then slide up.
- Press and HOLD the “A” button for 10 seconds (see image). After 3 seconds, you will hear 1 short beep and see a blue LED. Keep holding for 10 seconds, then you’ll hear another short beep and the LED light will turn amber. Releasing the “A” button and the amber LED will blink to indicate it’s in reset mode.
- Press and release the Program button to confirm network reset (see photo above).This must be pressed within 10 seconds of releasing the “A” button to complete the network reset or the function will time out.
When the Kwikset reset works, you will hear a long beep and see a green LED. If it did not work, you’ll hear 5 short beeps and the light will blink red.
How To Perform a Kwikset Halo System Reset:
- Remove the interior side cover by sliding it up. If it is held in with two side screws, remove those first, then slide up.
- Press the “A” button 10 times (see image above). You’ll hear another short beep and the LED light will turn amber and blink indicating it’s in reset mode.
- Press and release the Program button to confirm network reset. This must be pressed within 10 seconds of releasing the “A” button or the function will time out.
If it works, you’ll hear a long beep and see a green LED, and the reset process will begin. This reset mode also resets the handing of the lock, and it will enter an automated mechanical sequence to re-hand the lock for your door. If it’s unsuccessful, the lock will beep 5 times and the LED will be red.
Repeat from step 1 if unsuccessful.
Disclosure: As an Amazon / Google Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases.
ACME Locksmith is Arizona’s #1 Rated Locksmith. We have been performing lock and key services in Arizona for over 20 years. In that time ACME Locksmith has serviced over 100,000 customers.
- Over 1900 5-Star Rated, Verifiable Arizona Customer Reviews
- Super Service Award Winner Eight Years Running
- Selected as an Angie List Phoenix-Best Contractor
- BBB International Marketplace Excellence Award Finalist
- BBB Ethics Award Winner – The Only Locksmith to Ever Win this Award
Details About ACME Locksmith